Planning a baby shower is no easy task, because it basically is the first ever celebration you are ever throwing for this little miracle who is not even on the outside yet to experience it. Just like any other party to plan it comes with all the endless decision making followed by never ending options to choose for the theme, party favours, games, cakes, food and the list goes on! So to make your lives a little easier (seeing as a human is growing inside of you) I thought I would make a list of some simple (but fabulous of course) ideas to give you some inspiration for planning your baby’s pre-birth celebration!
Theme’s: Your theme is your first decision to be made in your long length of decisions-to-be-made list because it sets the mood like a domino affect down to the smallest of details for your special day. There are 3 main themes that will always hit the jack pot on overall attendees scoreboards and they go a little something like this:
Pretty in PINK
Game’s: What would a baby shower be without grown women drinking wine from bottles and toilet paper filled rooms and not being aloud to say the word which is the reason why you are there? (no fun at all obviously ladies!) These 3 games are always a winner provided laughs and still even managing to bring out the competitive side in some:
- “Bottle chug” – Give each guest a baby bottle and fill it with milk, juice, water, or even beer (for guests who aren’t pregnant). Have everyone line up, and when you shout, “Go!” The players have to drink the liquid as quickly as they can – through the nipple. (No unscrewing the top allowed!) Whoever finishes first is the winner!
- “Don’t say baby”- Give each guest a baby diaper pin to pin on her clothes. Instruct your guests that during the party everyone is to try not to say the word baby. Whenever someone does, the first person who catches the slip gets to confiscate the pin. The one with the most pins at the end of the party wins. This game makes for continued fun throughout the shower.
- “Square city”- Have each guest take a wager at how many squares of toilet paper it will take to get all the way around the mama’s pregnant belly. Whoever is closest wins a prize — plus bragging rights!
Party Favours: These are the very last memory your guest’s are going to take away from your glorious day of celebrating the new addition to the world so you want to make it count! Here are some of my favourite party favours that will create that exact wished impression and can also double as a decoration piece through out the day (Place favours on a small table or on either side of cake table!)
- Mini Cirmaic Piggy bank: Need somewhere for that spare change in your pocket?
2. Cute as a button scented soap: Screams practicality and looks cute cute!
3. Baby on board lolly boxes: Ohhhh sailor sailor! Cutest little lolly filled boxes of joy my eyeballs have seen!
So there you have it ladies! I hope these quick and easy ideas have provided you with a brainstorm filled with cake pops and pom poms so you know what you want and you get on the move to create it. Just remember, simple is never boring and make sure its your way or the highway! (In laws be warned).